1.What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Cancelled a horror event with five hours to spare due to the venue being without electricity or running water – yes due to the substation flooding.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
1. Nearly, I tried my damnedest but there’s only so much I can do to make an ill body healthy.
3. Very much so
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No but so many people are pregnant!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No but again a lot of people I felt had shaped me.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
An agent or similar
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 6th – a very enjoyable birthday
August 11th – Flogging Molly gig
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a qualified masseuse
9. What was your biggest failure?
Lack of a coherent manuscript
10. Were you seriously ill during 2015?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Most of my most awesome things have been gifts but I’ll say Rice Flakes after discovering they could replace breadcrumbs in stuff for the Jellicle Cat.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and paying people back money I owe them.
15. What did you get excited about?
Going places with The Jellicle Cat
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Screaming at the Wailing Wall – Flogging Molly
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Yule was spent with the Polycule and Connor and Katie.
Christmas was spent in glorious solitude mostly sleeping.
21. How many one night stands?
22. Did you fall in love in 2015?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What was the best book you read?
I really wanted it to be the Nightvale book, but whilst that was interesting it doesn’t qualify. So I’m going to say the last Val McDermid
27. Are you happy with your lot?
28. What did you want and get?
A really good birthday
29. What did you want and NOT get?
I’ll stick with that publishing contract for now though. Same as last year, and the year before etc.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Star Wars – yeah I’m dull I know
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
33 and I had a 33.3rd birthday with Goat instead. Though I also had drinks at the weekend of my birthday and had tea and cake with DS Luke on the day itself. It was really lovely.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mharie Black… I’ve never fancied a politician before.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
All the sodding bombing.
37. Who did you miss?
Skimble but also DS Luke started a PGCE so I don’t see him as often.
38. Who were the best new people you met?
The Ukranian Taxidermist
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:
I can only go for so long on my own
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“All along it was a fever
A cold sweat hot-headed believer
I threw my hands in the air, said, “Show me something,”
He said, “If you dare, come a little closer.”
Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.
Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can’t live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay”