1.What did you do in 2018 that you’d never done before?
Got pushed on a roundabout by the Bonsai Kaiju
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I mostly kept them, failed at some and I will continue to make more next year because I find them useful.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but the Princess is pregnant again!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, though several friends have suffered with the loss of family members as has the Jellicle.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2019 that you lacked in 2018?
To have no debts left.
7. What date from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
29th September, because The Interuptor was Glorious and The Eyes was purple.
23rd November because Wolfenoot!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Taking enough spirulina to actually get things done
9. What was your biggest failure?
Couldn’t finish a manuscript
10. Were you seriously ill during 2018?
Yeah the extreme cold in February really did a number on my recovery
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new oven
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The Princess, The Jellicle, the Lord Mayor of Sheffield
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and debt and the kitchen
15. What did you get excited about?
New kitchen, my birthday larp, New Year party
16. What song will always remind you of 2018?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
About the same
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sleeping and being unwell generally
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Spent it with Weasel at home, then played Seven Days to Die on Boxing Day with M-i-L
21. How many one night stands?
22. Did you fall in love in 2018?
Love comes in waves I’m learning, yes I guess so but with no one I didn’t already love previously.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, life’s too short to waste on too much hate.
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
The Good Place
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Dua Lipa, specifically the music video to IDGAF – yes I know it was back in January but she’s awesome!
26. What was the best book you read?
I haven’t read that much this year, but I did enjoy finishing a variety of Val McDermott’s
27. Are you happy with your lot?
Yes, but I have such plans
28. What did you want and get?
A new kitchen and oven
29. What did you want and NOT get?
A manuscript I’m happy with
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Not to be predictable but Black Panther
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
36 and I spent the day LARPing the Ghosts in Public game that The Eyes and Kirstyface ran for me. It was some of the most emotionally satisfying and intense roleplaying I’ve done.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More hiking in the middle of nowhere
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2018?
The 90s isn’t over is it?
34. What kept you sane?
100mg Sertraline daily
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have had a bit of a thing for Paddy McGuinness but more for Mharie Black.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
Skimble and my Grandma
38. Who were the best new people you met?
The Steampunk Cosplayer
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2018:
Never take anything or anyone for granted
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
And that’s unheard of
The head of special effects in my mind’s eye
Okey cokey with the opposite sex
The things you try to forget
Doesn’t time fly?
I’m in no position to give advice
I don’t want to be nice