1.What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Got very, very close to giving up on the writing thing. This is the year where I became very uncertain of myself in a great many respects.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
1. Not quite but damned close
2. Not yet, still trying.
3. Not yet, still trying.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No – still brood for my friends though.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. I hit that age where a lot of important people died.
5. What countries did you visit?
Wales, so not very far this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
That publishing contract.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
5th November because The Princess got married in a castle and we danced in celebration all night.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don’t feel like I achieved a whole lot with this year to be honest.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Still not getting that contract.
10. Were you seriously ill during 2011?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The Jellicle’s Yule present because it made him smile.
One of FJ’s gifts because we got each other the same thing and this made me laugh.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The Jellicle, always
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My own mainly in reaction to other peoples.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and paying people back money I owe them.
15. What did you get excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Adeste Fideles – and you’d better believe that makes me grin.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Running around being disorganised
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Yule was spent at Mother-In-Law’s with The Cult and a whole lot of others.
Christmas was spent at home with the polycule (except LL who was in the Lakes) and then Boxing Day at M-i-L’s
21. How many one night stands?
None, I kind of miss them actually.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Beats head against something solid. Did I mention I am an idiot with the worst timing ever? Oh and that answer is yes by the way.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not really, but I need to stop associating with people who are really bad for me.
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
Come Dine With Me
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche
27. Are you happy with your lot?
Mostly – could be happier
28. What did you want and get?
A stable paying job.
29. What did you want and NOT get?
I’ll stick with that publishing contract for now though. Same as last year, and the year before etc.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
29, I had a party with Goat (the next one is going to be amazing though).
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I expanded my Lolita wardrobe.
34. What kept you sane?
Hope and, curiously enough, roleplay.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jude Law…but only because of M-i-L’s beautiful descriptions of him…
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
To be honest I mostly felt too tired and cynical to get worked up about politics.
37. Who did you miss?
Skimble, My Favourite American and Last N-S
38. Who were the best new people you met?
Livepool Loli and Chester Loli
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
I really need to give myself a holiday or else I burn out. Also, I really hate how judgemental I can be and want to stop.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
‘But tell me you love me, come back and haunt me,
Oh and I rush to the start,
Running in circles, chasing our tails,
Coming back as we are.
Nobody said it was easy,
Oh it’s such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy,
No one ever said it would be so hard
I’m going back to the start.’