1.What did you do in 2019 that you’d never done before?
Spent two nights at a Spa
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Ish and yes
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister gave birth! I met the Smol Dragon when he was three days old! It’s been awesome!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A guy I went to primary school died unexpectedly in March which did the whole make me think about mortality thing.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2020 that you lacked in 2019?
A manuscript I’m proud of.
7. What date from 2019 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
23rd April A friend told me about his break-up
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Very useful sports massage for a disabled friend.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Only getting part of the house under control
10. Were you seriously ill during 2019?
I’m chronically ill so whilst I didn’t end up in hospital I spent much of the year asleep.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Membership to the local mini animal park – meerkats rock
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The Jellicle was amazing this year as were her parents.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
45 and Johnson
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and debt and LARPing
15. What did you get excited about?
Being asked on a date in August
16. What song will always remind you of 2019?
Bebe Rexha – Meant to Be
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Living in my head
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Spent Christmas at my parents place wearing matching pyjamas with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and nephews. It was very strange but my nephews got cool gifts.
21. How many one night stands?
None… or four with the same person?
22. Did you fall in love in 2019?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, life’s too short to waste on too much hate.
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What was the best book you read?
A Long Way to a Small Angry Planet
27. Are you happy with your lot?
28. What did you want and get?
A set of kitchen shelves
29. What did you want and NOT get?
A manuscript I’m happy with
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
37 and The Jellicle woke me up with rainbow dice and a pikachu dice rolling tray, then I had Tea and cake with DS Luke in the morning. In the afternoon I ran a DnD game for Ex-Warder, Weasel, Punning Teifling and WF.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The court case over money owed me being settled
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2019?
What do you mean the 90s ended?
34. What kept you sane?
50mg Sertraline daily
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
How old is Jenny Nicholson? She’s not old enough, not Jenny Nicholson, someone else… I don’t really want to think about my weirdness for Ken Clarke, it makes me feel I’m letting Mharie Black down.
Oh no, wait a minute Afre Woodard is really hot and she’s older than me.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
Skimble and my Grandma, didn’t see much of FJ all year either.
38. Who were the best new people you met?
It’s always Americans isn’t it?
Dorothy Marcher who I clicked with pretty much instantly even if that was mostly taking the piss out of The Teenage Boy
The American Larper who plays it like she stole it. She was excellently good fun.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2019:
Get excited, lean in to whatever you’re feeling and love the ride
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
But now the day bleeds
And you’re not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved