1.What did you do in 2021 that you’d never done before?
Tried pole dancing
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I always do, I find it concentrates my focus.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister had her third child, the lovely Tiny Yokai, in September
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one close to me but a lot of people close to me have lost loved ones this year. Notably FJ losing his Dad.
5. What countries did you visit?
Ha! Countries exist outside of my town? I don’t think I’ve ever travelled as little before this year. Not even Scotland or Wales.
6. What would you like to have in 2022 that you lacked in 2021?
The ability to go and meet up with anyone on a whim.
7. What date from 2021 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
11th November because I got to hug and hug and hug for a whole weekend
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I planked every day in August and raised money for pangolins
9. What was your biggest failure?
The house is still a tip and I gave in to stress and gained three stone this year.
10. Were you seriously ill during 2021?
Chronically rather than seriously although the asthma/chronic bronchitis has given me a serious kicking over the last couple of months.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Places in online games. Especially Together Forever
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Always, always, always The Jellicle Cat
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Thé anti-vaxxers in my friends lists on various social media.
14. Where did most of your money go?
LARP…despite the pandemic honestly LARP
15. What did you get excited about?
The Tiny Yokai has been a pretty exciting new person
16. What song will always remind you of 2021?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating, being ill, the usual
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
I spent Christmas at home with The Jellicle and we had a lovely day.
21. How many one night stands?
22. Did you fall in love in 2021?
I did better than that, I found someone to make me feel creative again.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Life is far too short to waste on hate.
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
Shadow and Bone though I did get pretty into Squid Game
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Basically everything on the Druidcast podcast
26. What was the best book you read?
Sacred Actions by Dana O’Driscoll
27. Are you happy with your lot?
Mostly yes. The bits I’m not happy with I’m working on
28. What did you want and get?
My sister to have three kids. I couldn’t be happier!
29. What did you want and NOT get?
A new chair, published, COVID to go away.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Honestly I haven’t watched many films this year and my attention is shot to pieces because, y’know, pandemic. Back to the Outback really cheered me up though.
Also Red Notice was hilarious.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 39, I spent it in a ridiculous dress on Discord playing with my nephews and talking to my friends. At the weekend I hung out and painted with Bob Ross with DS Luke, Excellent Lesbian, Chibi Laura, Girl with the Golden Hair, Imp and the Jellicle.
It was fun.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
No pandemic would’ve been nice. I’m too tired about thinking over all my interactions from that viewpoint.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2021?
Frankly why isn’t everyone wearing hotpants and snag tights?
34. What kept you sane?
The Jellicle Cat, Therapy and talking to The Fae Ref most days.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oti Mbuse who is gorgeous and funny and elegant.
Adriano Zumbo… I think it’s the whole very driven man who can do things with chocolate…
Marion Bartoli because she’s gorgeous and exciting and looks amazing in purple.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Climate Change, the right to protest
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who were the best new people you met?
These are all people I’ve only met online:
Cairns in Texas is lovely to chat to and we’ve been swapping sweets this year which has been awesome.
Beautiful Lute has been pretty good fun.
Meeting Canadian Foodie has been really exciting and I’m looking forwards to roleplay if with him more.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2021:
Therapy is a very good idea and I should trust my instincts more because they’re actually very solid.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I’m standing here in my field of dreams,
Your love has passed me by it seems,
And the sun has hidden his face for another day.
I’m gonna take you by the hand,
And lead you through these precious lands,
And listen to the words you have to say.
Come on baby take hold of me,
Feel my dreams and set me free,
I know the truth and I know you believe,
Your touch supplies my energy.