1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 — first sentence
3. Book #2 — last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 — second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 — next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 — final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph.
The flotillas of the dead sailed around the world on underwater rivers. The one exception was a silver cigarette case in a pocket of Tania’s coat. I swam steadily, in a smooth arc, from the first Standing Stone to the second. It’s too sizes too big for her. I’m going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer…
1. Going Postal by Terry Pratchett
2. A Scientific Romance by Ronald Wright
3. Five Quarters Of The Orange by Joanne Harris
4. The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood
5. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
It almost makes sense doesn’t it, like some sort of stream of conciousness…maybe it’s trying to tell me something…or maybe I’m tripping a bit!