1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, Egg Nog was my Grandma’s drink… that and sherry.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Blatently Father Christmas, an obviously pagan god/spirit/wight comes into ultimate existence at this time of year. But why else would he have elves if not to wrap presents?
3. Coloured lights or white on tree/house?
FAIRY LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I have white lights up all year so I guess coloured lights on the tree since the Jellicle Cat doesn’t believe anything I put up on the house wouldn’t be tackiness-incarnate.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Oh yes. Ohhhh yes. The real stuff too. I figure I’m on the pill so I’ll let modern science do battle with pagan wights and enjoy the kisses in between.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
If I was allowed the first of December but my decorations this year are somewhat restrained and I have only a little bit of angel hair on the tree (pouts)…next year you’ll see what I really like to do for decorations!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Ummmm…Turkey sandwiches actually…
7. Favourite holiday memory as a child?
Swapping the heads around on the Nativity scene in our living room. What can I say Mary with a beard amused the hell out of me.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Who is this Santa? As I recall Dad had issues with me using the term telling me that if I called Father Christmas Santa Claus then he’d grow claws and come after me! Ever since I have understood Father Christmas to be somewhat of a fierce deity in the mould of the viking type ones.
9. Do you open a gift on christmas Eve?
Nope. I open some on Yule with the Jellicle, and this year some on the MotherNight with my Gentleman Friend and then some with my family on Christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your christmas tree?
Well this year it’s gold but I’m not like my sister who needs everything to be themed and the one at my parents house gets everything that we made as kids that hasn’t fallen apart yet. The Princess hates it.
11. Snow, love it or dread it?
I love it and playing with it.
12. Do you know how to ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favourite gift?
This year? My boots! My favourite gift ever was the first bike I got.