Gods this fucking year.
Rollercoaster isn’t even in it. Ok so it’s been all over the place, but mainly up I think. Mostly. Though the downs this year have been worse. I’ve self-harmed for the first time in years and I spent a whole day in a bath because I was so unhappy. I’ve also climbed hills and danced like never before. I’ve watched for stars and held and been held by people who mean the world to me. I received visitors at 2am and I’ve been on drives that lasted hours.
It’s been a good year.
Next year, not so much of a rollercoaster please.
1.What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Passed my driving test! And my Pass Plus! (Seven years dammit!)
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I abuse Archangel less when drunk… maybe, ok so I’m still working on that one. My fitness levels could not climb mountains so I failed there and I kinda got published…well I was quoted in someone elses book. Yeah, still working on most of them to be honest.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A job would be good, a publishing contract sort of job would be better.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Oh gods. So fucking many.
31st December/1st January – Amazing New Years experience
7th January – PATRICK STEWART!
4th March – Girly weekend
26th of March – Outcome
I don’t want to remember the 14th of September, or the 22nd to be honest.
The 31st October for definate – Very drunk beginning, sleeping-bag tastic ending
10th November – Great Night dancing
11th November – A nice way to spend Remembrance Day morning
22nd December – the best Christmas in so many ways
This year has been a complete madness of ups and downs, next year I need to take more control, stop simply riding things and really go for what I want.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably passing my driving test to be honest.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I’m not sure, there are a couple of things that spring to mind. I think the biggest one is still not having a real job, the second biggest is attempting poly relationships when my empathy with other people can be spectacularly limited.
10. Were you seriously ill during 2007?
Had my glandular fever come back.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A vibrating cock ring is the one that jumps to mind.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Oh gods so many people. People that jump to mind are:
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A lot of people. I think mostly though no one has appalled me quite as much as I have myself so I get a mention here and a promise to try and do better next year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Money I owe people.
15. What did you get excited about?
Going to Edinburgh. Loads of other things too, stuff that Mother-In-Law has told me about (both that has happened and is yet to happen).
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Passenger by Iggy Pop, but I don’t really mind other versions.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? thinnerish
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
will you be spending did you spend Christmas?
Yule was spent with Lexy and FJ doing a very traditional Christmas style thing. Christmas was spent with the Jellicle being cutesy and coupley and then with FJ and Lexy playing computer games and my third Christmas with my family, the Honorary Bitch and Straight opening pressies and eating.
21. How many one night stands?
Didn’t have any, as soon as something happens twice it’s no longer a one night stand.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
*looks at shoes* yeah.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No there is one person who I know personally who has ever raised my ire to hatred and they’ve been there a long time now. Not sure if I actually dislike Mr Bush enough to hate him…mostly it’s pity I think…mixed in with a healthy dose of fear.
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
The L Word
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Martha Wainwright since Thom Yorke was pushed at me and so wasn’t really a discovery as such.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Ladies of Grace Adieu, though that was read to me.
27. Are you happy with your lot?
There are things that could do to improve it, there are things that could do with being better, mainly though, I’m pretty content.
28. What did you want and get?
I could say look at last year’s meme. I don’t know thats not really a ‘what’. A blender I think.
29. What did you want and NOT get?
Several things. I’ll stick with that publishing contract for now though.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Stardust or Pirates.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
25, I went to London on a shopping spree with my Gentleman Friend. It was utterly brilliant.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being paid for writing a book.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Cast offs from Rat, Princess Lex, the Princess and makeup advice from Mother-In-Law
34. What kept you sane?
Always my darling Jellicle Cat, often my Grandmother and more than occaisionally hugs from FJ.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t think I have really this year.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Education reforms. Just… oh all of it.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who were the best new people you met?
Plod and Plodosexual aren’t exactly new this year but they are the only ones who spring to mind.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Letting go is a good plan sometimes.
Also, really thinking about things is the best plan for maintaining friendship.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
‘Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river
You can hear the boats go by
You can spend the night beside her
And you know that she’s half crazy
But that’s why you want to be there
And just when you mean to tell her
That you have no love to give her
Then she gets you on her wavelength
And she lets the river answer
That you’ve always been her lover
And you want to travel with her
And you want to travel blind
And you know that she will trust you
For you’ve touched her perfect body with your mind.
Now Suzanne takes your hand
And she leads you to the river
And she shows you where to look
Among the garbage and the flowers
There are heroes in the seaweed
There are children in the morning
They are leaning out for love
And they will lean that way forever
While Suzanne holds the mirror
And you know that you can trust her
For she’s touched your perfect body with her mind.’