Proper Update nearly complete, in the mean time:
Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
+ Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
+ Post them here for everyone to guess.
+ Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
+ NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
1. Adults are, like, this mess of sadness and phobias.
2. But in order to know virtue, we must acquaint ourselves with vice. Only then can we know the full measure of man. So come… I Dare you… Turn the page… Quills Weasel
3. It was one of those days when it’s a minute away from snowing and there’s this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that’s the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and… this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video’s a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember… and I need to remember… Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world I feel like I can’t take it, like my heart’s going to cave in. American Beauty Man of Taste
4. Time, places, people… They’re all speeding up. So to cope with this evolutionary paranoia, strange people are chosen, who through their art can move progress more quickly. Velvet Goldmine The Naiad
5. It’s like you got yesterday, today and tomorrow, all in the same room. There’s no telling what can happen.
6. This famous linguist once said that of all the phrases in the English language, of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, that Cellar Door is the most beautiful. Donnie Darko Mother-in-Law and Weasel
7. There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas Man of Taste
8. I’m like cat here, a no-name slob. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don’t even belong to each other. Breakfast at Tiffanys Erfalaswen
9. I have often speculated on why you don’t return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Did you run off with a senator’s wife? I like to think you killed a man. It’s the romantic in me. Casablanca Man of Taste
10. After the game is before the game. The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes. Run Lola Run Man of Taste and Archangel
11. I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I’m with. Harvery Ashlie
12. Me? I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, I’m scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you. Dirty Dancing Erfalaswen
13. Worth waiting for. Ice Cold In Alex Weasel and Gentleman Jez
14. Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while. The Princess Bride Man of Taste
15. This can’t last. This misery can’t last. I must remember that and try to control myself. Nothing lasts really. Neither happiness nor despair. Not even life lasts very long. They’ll come a time in the future when I shan’t mind about this anymore. But I can look back and say quite peacefully and cheerfully how silly I was. No, no I don’t want that time to come hither. I want to remember every minute, always, always to the end of my days.