I like to leave this to the very end of the year. Despite the Christmas question, it always seems like if I do it too early it doesn’t encompass the whole year, in any case:
1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Bought a house.
Resigned from a job.
Play-tested a live roleplay system.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
1.Failed – better get that going before September!
2. Well, yes…and hopefully yes again!
3. Total failure.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not to me, no
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A change from the past two years, I’d like to really do well with this job but also I’d like a publishing contract.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The weekend of the 20th February because Weasel and I spent our first weekend together.
15th December because it was a lovely evening with M-i-L and there were even carol singers.
The whole of October because we moved house!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Got two jobs.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think I really failed this year, I got things wrong true, but nothing too huge for once.
10. Were you seriously ill during 2009?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A house. 🙂
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The Jellicle, always
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Lets not go there.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get excited about?
Canal Boat holidays.
Next year and Peru.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
‘Crazy Bitch’ by Buckcherry
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Mother Night was spent in the backyard with My Gentleman Friend, Nordic Lady, Fire Pixie, the Jellicle and Cornish Bloke. Christmas was in the White County with the Jellicle’s family.
21. How many one night stands?
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
No, I’m still in love with everyone I was in love with at the beginning of the year.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
There is one person who I know personally who has ever raised my ire to hatred and they’ve been there a long time now. But for the first time in years I think I almost do hate someone and it’s so ridiculous as it’s got nothing to do with me as to why I hate them, but I really think I do, for their hypocrisy and the appalling way they treat people who think they are this person’s friends.
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
CSI – sorry!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Florence and the Machine
26. What was the best book you read?
One that Tom lent me.
27. Are you happy with your lot?
28. What did you want and get?
December, a new job.
29. What did you want and NOT get?
I’ll stick with that publishing contract for now though. Same as last year, and the year before etc.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
27, I had a party. I don’t honestly remember much about it. Not one of my memorable years.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Cast offs from Rat, Princess Lex, the Princess and makeup advice from Mother-In-Law
34. What kept you sane?
Jellicle Cat, FJ, my Grandma, the Princess and Weasel.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Her what plays Trinity in The Matrix
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I haven’t been very political this year. Gay and Bi Pride issues though – even went to Manchester Pride!
37. Who did you miss?
Last NS, Skimble
38. Who were the best new people you met?
The Mistaken Doctor and The Teenage Boy’s Housemate.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
‘When I’m a walking, I strut my stuff, then I’m so strung out
I’m high as a kite, I just might, stop to check you out
Let me go on, like a blister in the sun
Let me go on, big hands I know you’re the one ‘