1.What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Organised a LARP event over a large area.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
1. No, but I was ill so that’s my excuse
3. Not yet, still trying.
4. No, I’m blaming illness again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but my cousin is pregnant again.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
That publishing contract.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8th February – going engagement ring shopping with FJ
25th September – being Cuddles’ bridesmaid
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I put on a LARP weekend event that was good in many respects and very different, it being set in 1968 Vietnam.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Misunderstanding my own psyche and living vast swathes of the year entirely in my head.
10. Were you seriously ill during 2012?
Yes. Seriously might be overstating it but I was quite ill.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I helped FJ buy M-i-L’s engagement ring…that probably doesn’t count because it wasn’t my money… Mmm a cape for my Hello Kitty Lolita dress.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and paying people back money I owe them.
15. What did you get excited about?
Hello Kitty and my 30th
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
St. Elmo’s Fire, it won’t stop playing on every radio station I tune into.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being as if my life is somehow on the pause button.
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Yule was spent at Mother-In-Law’s with The Cult and a whole lot of others.
Christmas was spent in the White County with the Jellicle’s family and then Boxing Day at M-i-L’s with FAMILY.
21. How many one night stands?
None, still sort of missing them.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
No, but I learnt a lot about it.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What was the best book you read?
Definitely not 50 Shades! I enjoyed Godspeed a lot more than I possibly should have done.
27. Are you happy with your lot?
Mostly – could be happier
28. What did you want and get?
A job I enjoy
29. What did you want and NOT get?
I’ll stick with that publishing contract for now though. Same as last year, and the year before etc.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
30, I had a party with Goat, it was rather epic.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
EGL and then some.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Amanda Seyfried again!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The fact we have a selfish and possibly evil government.
37. Who did you miss?
Skimble, My Favourite American and The Chemistry Teacher’s facebook updates.
38. Who were the best new people you met?
The Canalboating Dentist and his Fae Girlfriend
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Energy begats energy but needs to be balanced against tiredness
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
‘Don’t ever change now baby
And you must leave now
Before the sun rises
Over the skyscrapers
And the city landscape comes into view
Sweat on my skin
This mess we’re in’