1.What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I ran a half marathon
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
1. Not completely but made a good start.
3. Not whilst ill but did so when well
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my cousin, one of my players, an ex-lover…and I’m sure I’ve missed someone!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, sort of. They weren’t close in traditional ways.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
That publishing contract.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
16th June – M-i-L totally asked me out!
16th November – FJ and I saw a seriously awesome QOTSA concert
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Two Lace and Steel events…also see above!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not having Lace and Steel totally playable yet.
10. Were you seriously ill during 2013?
Yes. I discovered that I’d been fighting a fairly serious injury for 11 years…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Two Brand Lolita dresses – one Atelier Pierrot, one Innocent World
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and paying people back money I owe them.
15. What did you get excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Burn the Witch
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Yule was spent at Mother-In-Law’s with The Cult and a whole lot of others.
Christmas was spent with Weasel and the Jellicle Cat
21. How many one night stands?
None, don’t really miss them.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
No, I was already in love with her
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
Person of Interest
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Of Monsters and Men
26. What was the best book you read?
27. Are you happy with your lot?
Yes, so very, very much
28. What did you want and get?
My new girlfriend? Can I say that? What else? Uh…an actual thing – how about those Loli dresses
29. What did you want and NOT get?
I’ll stick with that publishing contract for now though. Same as last year, and the year before etc.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
31, me and Goat had a crazy meal of bizarrely named things.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
EGL and then some.
34. What kept you sane?
The Jellicle and my Grandmother
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lily Allen (again)
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The fact we have a selfish and possibly evil government.
37. Who did you miss?
Skimble, My Favourite American and The Chemistry Teacher’s facebook updates.
38. Who were the best new people you met?
The Excellent Lesbian, the Lickable Patrick and Non-Lickable Patrick
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
A delay is not a valid reason to give up
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
‘You keep her in your pocket
Where there’s no way out now
Put it in a safe a lock it
’cause it’s home sweet home
The smile on your face made her think she had the right one
Then she thought she was sure
By the way you two could have fun’