1.What did you do in 2022 that you’d never done before?
Got COVID. Three times.
Also tried Kombucha and it was fantastic
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept some of them and made a decent stab at all of them. Yes I will make more as I focus more when I make them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No but I’m very excited about several people being pregnant
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, The Raconteur didn’t make it to our massage appointment at the first Empire event of the year.
Later in the year a guy I’d worked with for for seven years died.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2023 that you lacked in 2022?
A tidy house, a brain that can focus, the two are probably on some level linked.
7. What date from 2022 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8th February because telling someone you like them is a thing
9th May I had an amazing first date with Beautiful Lute
20th May because the Fae Ref spent the weekend and I took him to Jubilee Tower.
The Jubilee Weekend, painting and cooking with Beautiful Lute and the Fae Ref
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I fell in love with two wonderful people.
9. What was your biggest failure?
We broke up because we couldn’t make it work.
10. Were you seriously ill during 2022?
I finally caught COVID and it left me with permanent lung damage and it sucks.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Maintenance on my oven – no really
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
As ever The Jellicle, with appreciative mention for DS Luke
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Next year’s Massage Diploma
15. What did you get excited about?
Thé concerts I got to go to! Especially Alanis Morissette
16. What song will always remind you of 2022?
You by Steeleye Span
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
A lot sadder
ii. thinner or fatter?
Thinner because heartbreak means my appetite goes
iii. richer or poorer?
Poorer by a significant margin but mostly spent on next year’s massage course.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Loving Beautiful Lute and the Fae Ref before we ran out of time. Talking to them more, I hate conversations that just, stop.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Spent it with The Jellicle Cat’s family at her parents’ house.
21. How many one night stands?
22. Did you fall in love in 2022?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, life’s too short
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m going to go with The Hu… oh, no actually Otyken – apparently my musical year has been pretty Mongolian.
26. What was the best book you read?
I actually quite enjoyed The Raw Shark Texts
27. Are you happy with your lot?
What a question. I have it pretty good though.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and NOT get?
To get more serious with my art and writing
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I really enjoyed Glass Onion. I’ve not watched a lot of movies this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 40 and I hired Eskmeals House for a week with a group of friends, Evil Bilbo, Wrong Mike, Excellent Meg, M-i-L, FJ, The Girl with the Golden Hair, The Princess, Britney, The Bonsai Kaiji, Smol Dragon, Tiny Yokai and The Jellicle; we hung out, we had a party and a great twitch streamed DJ, I had a very epic time.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Recognising my own reactions to trauma more quickly
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2022?
Is it clean?
34. What kept you sane?
Talking to people who love me every day
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Amaury Guichon, this teaches us that my type is essentially men who demand perfection in a chocolatier’s kitchen.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The war in the Ukraine
37. Who did you miss?
My Dad, my Grandmas, my Great Uncle Arthur, The Raconteur
38. Who were the best new people you met?
The Norwegian Mermaid was pretty great.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2022:
Recognise your trauma and act to sort it out.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
It’s something unpredictable but in the end it’s right
I hope you had the time of your life.