1.What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Became an aunt (admittedly this was much more effort for my sister).
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Sort of and yes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No but an awful lot of people I felt had shaped me and my way of viewing the world.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I kind of need to etch my nephew’s birthday on my memory now…
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going to therapy.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Lack of a coherent manuscript
10. Were you seriously ill during 2016?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Modroc – it’s been used for all sorts of things this year!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
So many, many people and I am so grateful to all of them
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A friend who had been close but made it clear that we weren’t anymore.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and paying people back money I owe them.
15. What did you get excited about?
Going places with The Jellicle Cat
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Leonard Cohen – Democracy
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Yule was spent with the Polycule.
Christmas was spent at home with The Jellicle and Weasel. We had Christmas Dinner the night before with the Friendly Baptist, Fool and the Re-enactor
21. How many one night stands?
22. Did you fall in love in 2015?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Noah and the Whale
26. What was the best book you read?
27. Are you happy with your lot?
28. What did you want and get?
To go to a Placebo concert!
29. What did you want and NOT get?
I’ll stick with that publishing contract for now though. Same as last year, and the year before etc.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
34 and I had a LARP event run for me by Mother-in-Law and FoxyJonno
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
34. What kept you sane?
Pills and my very good, very appreciated friends.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
Skimble and the Welsh Cat
38. Who were the best new people you met?
The Tiny Blonde Keener
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
That I can game therapy to work for me
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin
Dance me through the panic till I’m gathered safely in
Touch me with your naked hand or touch me with your glove
Dance me to the end of love
Dance me to the end of love
Dance me to the end of love ”