1.What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before?
Took a youth trip to Greece on a roleplaying based Erasmus+ trip!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did, fluctuatingly, and I will.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, it’s 2pm on New Years Eve and I hope it stays that way.
5. What countries did you visit?
Greece and Ireland
6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
Publication but also a working oven would be nice.
7. What date from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
21st December – my parents taking part in their first sumbel.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
LURPS Trip to Greece!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Forgetting to call and organise one of my several bills meaning we were visited by a bailiff the month I didn’t get paid properly.
10. Were you seriously ill during 2017?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Empire LARP tickets
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The Princess. She’s been amazing all year.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get excited about?
Going to Dublin with Bella Monica
16. What song will always remind you of 2017?
It’s not a ‘song’ but the piece of music (and indeed it’s album namesake) is Elements by Ludovicio Einaudi
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
Fatter but getting thinner!
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Going to cold beaches and listening to music with DS Luke.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sleeping and Laying in Bed or on the sofa.
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Spent Christmas Day up at MiL and FJ’s place. Spent Yule with the Polycule and my parents.
21. How many one night stands?
22. Did you fall in love in 2017?
I came awfully close.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah 45 is just really getting there. Mrs May isn’t far off though.
24. What was your favorite TV programme?
Stranger Things or Dark
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Um, I really like Big Shaq’s Man’s Not Hot so I guess Michael Dapaah.
26. What was the best book you read?
I reread American Gods and Redwall this year, both were very satisfying.
27. Are you happy with your lot?
28. What did you want and get?
A weekend away with the Jellicle
29. What did you want and NOT get?
Night vale tickets
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Rogue One, finally got around to seeing it as our Yule Movie and I ended up owning it!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
35 and I had a very low-key karaoke gathering with a few good friends the weekend after. On the day DS Luke and I hung out and shared cake, was really chilled out and really nice.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have been healthy
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Is it clean? Um… well if it doesn’t smell I can probably still wear it!
34. What kept you sane?
100mg Sertraline daily.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Susan Calman. I’m crushing so hard on her!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
BREXIT closely followed by 45
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who were the best new people you met?
Bearded Jacob and The Redwing
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017:
To form habits that you want link them to habits that you have.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Damn, I wish I was your lover,
I’d rock you till the daylight comes
Make sure you were smiling and warm…
I’d do such things to ease your pain
Free your mind and you won’t feel ashamed,”